Friday, November 18, 2011

Diaries of a Football Student: Last Home Game

Tomorrow is Senior Day.
Tomorrow is our last home game.
Tomorrow is the game that will decide who goes to the SEC Championship for the East.

Tomorrow is the last time I will be on the sidelines with my boys between the hedges.
Tomorrow is my last game in Athens as a student.


As excited as I am to watch the Seniors run out & celebrate their time here at Georgia and as anxious as I am to have our trip to Atlanta be a sure thing...tomorrow will be bittersweet.

There is no place like Sanford Stadium, and I am so thankful for all the memories I have made there--both in the stands & on the sidelines. The Dawg Walk, the Redcoats playing our Alma Mater, the Larry Munson montage, crowd-noise practices & post-game celebrating will always hold a special place in my heart, but I think the thing I'll miss the most is the pre-game routine in the locker room...the traditions, the superstitions, the hype. The next time I walk across that field will be graduation & I'm sure I'll be excited, but coming back to the Stadium after tomorrow will never be the same.

enough reminiscent rambling... :)

To my boys,
you have made my Senior football season the best experience I could have hoped for
thank you so much & congratulations
on all your hard work over the last 4 or 5 years! To the 92,746 people in the stands--cheer your hearts out tomorrow &
get ready to celebrate an Eastern Division Championship!

Go Dawgs!

-Nene

No comments:

Post a Comment