Sunday, November 6, 2011

Diaries of a Football Student: Week 10

Wow. I haven't blogged since August. Honestly, if I told you what my normal week is like, you would pass out from exhaustion after reading the to-do list. :)

Nevertheless, here is an update on my football-filled life!

I love this team so much it's not even funny. You would too if you spent 40+ hours a week watching countless drills, making so much powerade, wrapping on obscene amounts of ice bags and praying for 3rd down conversions. We have 3 regular season games left. Two more SEC games at home & then we head to Atlanta to make sure Tech still knows who runs this state. (I would say sorry if you're a Tech fan, but I'm a terrible liar.) If all goes well (fingers crossed, prayers said & lucky wristbands worn to ensure that it does!) we will head back to Atlanta for the SEC Championship game and my season will be drawn out to sometime in the beginning of January for a bowl game in a warm, sunny place!

I am not ready for this season to end, because I am not ready to say goodbye to this team. I grew up a Dawg fan. I was raised to bleed Red & Black. After the last 3 months (and hopefully another 2+) though, I will never look at football the same. 20 hours of practice and countless hours of meetings, lifts, treatment and travel every week have ruined me for ever being in the stands again. Because after knowing what it's like to stand behind the guys day in and day out, only being there on Saturday just isn't going to cut it...

To all my fellow members of Dawg Nation, you've seen history this year (first time UGA has beat UT and UF in the same season since 1988! Yesterday we hung 63 points on the board & had two boys disappear into the Hedges on TD runs! Our defense is making QBs across the Southeast tap out before halftime!) & I hope you're ready for more--this team is no where near done. Get excited! & GO DAWGS!

forever your's in red & black,

~Nene

No comments:

Post a Comment