Sunday, June 12, 2011

late night ramblings.

Ever feel like you have a million things you want that you can't have or that are just out of your grasp or you just outright do not need? I've been feeling that way a lot lately. Granted, I am old enough to know the difference between my wants and my needs & also old enough for my wants not to hurt me (things I never really liked hearing from my parents...) I know God has a plan for my life & it will work itself out in His perfect timing (knowledge my best friends & I use to comfort each other in tough times). But! while I'm waiting, and trying to do so patiently, I thought I'd see if you can relate to any of these! Some are heavy & some are probably petty...but hey, it's always comforting to know you're not alone, right?

Needs:
  • to start laying out a timeline for grad school applications
  • to nail down which schools I want to apply to
  • to start letters of application for those schools (notice a trend here?)
  • to figure out student loans & apply for more scholarships
  • to get more sleep
  • to read my Bible more & find a home church
Wants:
  • someone to take me to the grocery, buy all the ingredients & let me spends days in the kitchen playing
  • or give me a Home Depot card & an empty, white room to decorate
  • new tennis shoes in bright, neon colors!
  • to have grad school figured out
  • to write & publish a book
  • this war to end (preferably before oh, I don't know, December?)
  • to be better at goodbyes
  • or to not have to say goodbyes at all. even better.
  • endless days spent by the pool with my girlfriends with no worries at all
  • my hair to grow out faster
  • s'mores. like nobody's business.
  • tattoos. yes, plural. I want two!
  • a new piercing....yes, another one, & yes, you're right, I don't need any new holes...but I love them!?
  • to fast forward to the part where my life falls together & I wake up & think Thank God I didn't give up.
I could probably go on, but I don't want to be falling asleep during football workouts tomorrow. That would be bad. So, good night lovelies. Until my next rambling session...

have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment