Monday, July 18, 2011

Band-Aids, Tape & Ice: Living the Life

For the next week & a half (minus Friday, which I have off!) I'll be living in O-House dorm along with 250 soccer players here for UGA Girls Soccer Camp.

It's the first full day of camp & I'm exhausted, but being on my own with 6 teams of girls is definitely teaching me how to fly solo! I was nervous at first; for the last year I've always been with my ATC for practices & games, so if anything came up they were in charge & I was watching to learn & trying to help. Now, it's me, the coaches & the athletes, so if anything goes down, I'm the person they turn to. Granted, because I'm not a certified yet I can only act as a first responder and provide emergency or first-aid care. BUT! I'm learning how to multi-task like nobody's business! Scan sky for lightening. Keep coolers full. Watch 75 athletes on 3 different fields. Make sure no stray balls are going to cause trips & falls. Keep kids in the shade on breaks. Make sure they're drinking. Band-aids on blisters. Ice on sore muscles. Three sessions a day. For 4 days straight.

Off to the afternoon session now!

I love my job. :)

1 comment: