Saturday, July 2, 2011

half way through.

2011, that is.

Did you know July 2nd is the middle day of the year? That means today is hump day for the whole year! The second half of the year is always my favorite--all the best things come in those last six months! I am a die hard late summer through fall kind of girl, but this year, I will admit, I have experienced incredibly memorable things that I never expected-and especially that I never thought would leave me with a mild fondness of winter and spring. Here are a few things that made the first half of this year amazing & a few things that I look forward to in the second half of every year!


January: a week of canceled classes due to snow!
February: Southeastern Athletic Training Association Student Conference in Atlanta
April: California (I will forever be a Southern girl, but I could easily be convinced to go back to the middle California coast--it's so pretty & comfy there--! [hello west coast job hunting after grad school!])
June: National Athletic Training Association Conference in New Orleans (I am in love with my major and my soon to be profession!)


& the best is yet to come!

July: brother & sister's birthdays, Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 premiere!! [& to think, 3 years ago, I'd've rolled my eyes at someone excited over HP.], FIREWORKS!!
August: football camp & my last first day of undergrad!!
September: FOOTBALL SEASON BEGINS! [Friday nights & Saturday afternoons in the fall are my second favorite time of year]
October: Birthday month & leaves changing color & pumpkin carving & Halloween!!
November: Thanksgiving & football & food & getting out the Christmas decorations!!
December: CHRISTMAS [hanging lights outside, decorating the tree, watching the claymation movies with my brother & sister, hot chocolate, candy canes, driving around just to see lights, scarves, jeans, hoodies, stockings, the smell of evergreens & peppermint, cuddling under throw blankets, standing in the sunshine to warm your cheeks....

This year has been amazing so far. & I can't wait to keep you posted on the rest of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment