Tuesday, July 12, 2011

today is the day.

not just a day. the day. (note: not THE day--THE day is several years of dating, a proposal, one great ballgown dress & the man of my dreams away.)

:)

Today is the day I will begin writing my book. Authoring a book was added to my bucket list sometime back in high school. (Am I old enough to say 'back in high school'? I'm not sure.) I took Creative Writing as an elective in ninth grade & haven't stopped writing since then. My teacher for that class, Mrs. Holley, inspired my classmates & I to write about anything in particular each day for a timed activity. I learned to let words flow onto paper, to keep my brain from getting in the way of what my heart had to say, to sew ideas together like quilting squares. And yesterday I found the theme for my quilt.

I have pin-balled between ideas for years trying to decide what I want to write. I journal, I write down my dreams, I note ideas on post-its and in the margins of my notes in class....but none of them ever inspired me enough to develop them further.

Until yesterday that is! Over the last few days (well, weeks & months really) I have had so many conversations seeking or giving advice. Growing up my Daddy often reminded me that everyone makes mistakes, but that if we learn from the mistakes of others we can avoiding making the same ones ourselves. And that my friends is why I'm going to write a book! I have learned a lot in my twenty-two years of existence! Why should I keep all this to myself!

So! Today I will begin writing down ideas for all the lessons I've learned to share with other people. Today I will begin my book. I'm excited!

Any advice for me, our fellow bloggers or the book?? I'd love to hear it!

Ya'll come back now!
Love,
Nene

No comments:

Post a Comment